Friday 1 February 2013

Curious Questions for Inquisitive Minds




“Curious Questions for Inquisitive Minds” successfully documents a clear understanding of each question throughout the children’s book. It has kept to the original concept of having a large audience starting from the age five and upwards, that appeal towards parents and their children. 
I am extremely happy with my first children’s book and finally come away from University with something I want to do in my life and thats Children’s books.



The photographs are light-hearted, factual and but play a vital role within the book by narrating the questions, whilst the answers give a simple and well structured description. Each object within the book represents the species as a whole and portrays it in a realistic view. In a general amount of pictures I have photographed Dylan, my son, either looking up at the sky, holding a bubble or puckering up to the camera. I wanted to portray a character within the children’s book, so the audience can connect and relate towards this boy, as he discovers the questions himself. 



The colour is important within the series, it symbolises a realistic and factual approach within the questions and emphasises on the positive objects throughout our daily lives. Each page excluding the questions, have been fully bled to the edge of the grid, showing every detail of the image. This layout gives a repetitive flow of vibrant images that the audience can understand quickly. However as the images are different and random, this gives the book its unpredictability and a sense of what question could be next. The choice of text is bold, clear and demonstrates great importance of what it contains. 
I will defiantly look into getting this published, for the exhibition I want to produce another one, so it doesn’t get too mucky. I have throughly enjoyed the process of learning about the great and timeless classic 
the children’s book.
I hope to find a job that will branch me out even further into the world of children’s books. 

Lets see shall we!

No comments:

Post a Comment